Statement of Faith
We accept the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the written Word of God. We believe in the divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness and final authority of the Bible in all matters of faith and practice.
- The triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The incarnate Son: Jesus Christ, fully God, fully man.
- The goodness and beauty of the world, created and sustained by the Word of God’s power.
- Salvation by grace received through faith in Jesus Christ, who alone, through His life, death and bodily resurrection, redeems us from sin and reconciles us unto God.
- The essential unity of all believers, who together form one Church, diverse in form and expression, of which Christ is the Head.
- The continuing ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who empowers the worship, service, and witness of God’s people in all their activities.
·The ultimate deliverance of the children of God and of all nature from the destructive consequences of the Fall.
- We further confess the historic statements of the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds:
The Apostles Creed
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth: and in Jesus Christ His only Son our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into Hell; the third day He rose again from the dead, He ascended into heaven, and sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence he shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Ghost; the holy catholic Church; the communion of saints; the forgiveness of sins; the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
The Nicene Creed
I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come. Amen.